BWC 2021/2022 Schedule of Programs
Virtual Meetings Start in September 2021. Notifications will be sent to connect on Zoom.
Meetings are on Wednesdays starting at 12:00 p.m.
11-17 – Eating Healthy at Work & Home, Jessica Romeo – Community Health Educator, Mercy Health
12-15 – BWC Update, Christine Williams, Regional Business Consultant, Ohio BWC
1-18-22 – OSHA Recordkeeping, Brian Zachetti, Industrial Safety Consultant Specialist, Ohio BWC
The Youngstown BWC/ Division of Safety and Hygiene Team wants to make you aware of a new OSHA 10 training opportunity for both general industry and construction. We are offering this training virtually and we will work with the employer to create a training schedule to minimize disruption to their business. This is a great opportunity for safety committee members, maintenance personnel, supervisors and other front line employees to increase the safety knowledge base and increase company safety standards.
- OSHA-10 general industry training courses allow workers to learn about important safety guidelines such as hazard communication, fire protection, electrical safety, personal protective equipment, machine guarding, confined space and employee emergency plans. Workers are provided with general awareness about recognizing and preventing commonly found hazards in the workplace.
- OSHA-10 construction training is for general construction workers. Workers are provided with general awareness about recognizing and preventing commonly found hazards in the workplace. This course is intended to provide an entry level construction worker’s general awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards on a construction site.
Benefits of OSHA training in the workplace include:
- Fewer workplace accidents means lower claims costs/lower premiums
- Increase the company safety standards and knowledge level
- Better overall understanding of how to handle workplace hazards
If this sounds interesting and you would like to further discuss please feel free to call me at 330-301-5825 or send me an e-mail at email@example.com